- Orchestrating Single-Cell Analysis in Bioconductor. Online book that teaches users how to make use of cutting-edge Bioconductor tools to process, analyze, visualize, and explore single-cell RNA-seq data (scRNA-seq) data. Online companion for a manuscript published in Nature Methods.
- Authors: Robert Amezquita, Aaron Lun, Stephanie C. Hicks, Raphael Gottardo
- Tidyverse Skills for Data Science [Available on Leanpub] [Available via bookdown]. Online book that teaches users a powerful set of R packages known as the Tidyverse to learn the different aspects of the data science pipeline, from importing the data, tidying the data into a format that is easy to work with, exploring and visualizing the data, and fitting machine learning models. Online companion for the Tidyverse Skills for Data Science in R Specialization on Coursera.
- Authors: Shannon E. Ellis, Carrie Wright, Roger D. Peng and Stephanie C. Hicks
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
Tidyverse Skills for Data Science in R Specialization
This five course specialization series on Coursera allows learners to develop insights from data with tidy tools, such as data import, wrangle, visualize, and modeling data with the Tidyverse R packages. Instructors: Shannon E. Ellis, Carrie Wright, Roger D. Peng and Stephanie C. Hicks.
Coursera specialization: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/tidyverse-data-science-r/
- Introduction to the Tidyverse
- Importing data in the Tidyverse
- Wrangling data in the Tidyverse
- Visualizing data in the Tidyverse
- Modeling data in the Tidyverse
Open Case Studies
The Open Case Studies (OCS) community resource of case studies that educators can use in the classroom to teach students how to effectively derive knowledge from data.
- Exploring global patterns of obesity across rural and urban regions
- Exploring global patterns of dietary behaviors associated with health risk
- Exploring CO2 emissions across time
- Opioids in United States
- Vaping Behaviors in American Youth
- Predicting Annual Air Pollution
- Influence of Multicollinearity on Measured Impact of Right-to-Carry Gun Laws
- Mental Health of American Youth
- Disparities in Youth Disconnection
- School Shootings in the United States
- Firearm Legislation and Fatal Police Shootings in the United States
- Exploring Health Expenditure using State-level data in the United States
Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- 2021 | Instructor, Statistical Computing (140.776)
- 2021 | Co-instructor, Advanced Data Science II (140.712)
- 2019 | Co-instructor, Advanced Data Science I and II (140.711, 140.712)
- 2018 | Co-instructor, Advanced Data Science I and II (140.711, 140.712)
Department of Data Sciences, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- 2016 | Co-instructor, Introduction to Data Science (HSPH - BIO 260).
- 2015 | Teaching Assistant, Statistical Methods for Functional Genomics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories.
- 2015 |Contributor and Discussion Leader, Harvard edX
- 2014 | Lead Teaching Fellow, Data Science (CS109), Harvard University. Supervised and guided 25 teaching fellows with over 300 students in the course. All course material available on* github.
- 2014 | Discussion Leader, Data Analysis for Genomics (PH525x), Harvard edX.
Department of Statistics, Rice University
- 2010, 2011 | Lead Teaching Assistant, Probability in Bioinformatics and Genetics (STAT 423, 623).
- 2010 | Lead Teaching Assistant, Applied Stochastic Processes (STAT 552).
- 2008, 2009 | Lab Instructor, Introduction to Statistics for the Biosciences (STAT 305).
- 2007, 2008 | Teaching Assistant, Probability and Statistics (STAT 310).
Louisiana State University
- 2005 - 2007 | Undergraduate tutor, tutored college algebra, trigonometry and pre-calculus students in the Roadmap 2 Redesign Program
- 2003 - 2004 | Undergraduate tutor, tutored students at Scotlandville Magnet High School in algebra